Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hope's Story

Today, Hope Martin shares her story. It shows that even in the areas we are most comfortable, God can still challenge us. Humility is a lesson we all must learn.

In August, I attended TeenPact Survival. It is a 5-6 day camp where they teach us teambuilding, spiritual growth, and leadership.



I had wanted to go since I first heard about it in '08, so I was really excited when I found out that I was going! I was a tomboy, so it was kind of my thing, being outdoors and learning all these survival skills.


Going into the week, I felt confident that I would be able to do well. I felt like I would be one of the better skilled people. God had other plans. I was constantly challenged during the week, mentally and physically.


One of the activities was that we would do obstacles of various types to help us be better teams. One of these obstacles was called "The Wall." We were doing this as the last of five, physically challenging obstacles. It was around 13 feet high and we had to get all 12 people on our team over it, as many times as we could. The first time I tried to go ever it, I didn't quite make it all the way over. So, they lowered me down and, after a short break, we tried again. This time, I was pulled up and I had my feet on the platform of the other side of the wall.


Ultimately, my team had the lowest number of points, so we were the last team. I had been so confident early on in the week, and I was very humbled afterwards. We can't ever forget our dependence on God. That is the most important thing, and if we are trusting in our own strength, we will fail. That's all there is to it.


Always keep God in the center of your life. He is the reason we live and breath and move! God will never leave us or forsake us, so we can and should be utterly dependent on Him! Isaiah 40:28-31 and Deuteronomy 31:6

No comments:

Post a Comment